× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

All lights lit up and the switch is not available on the network. Can I fix it?

Gary-W
Aspirant

All lights lit up and the switch is not available on the network. Can I fix it?

Hit the restore to factory settings button the the switch went to this. All lights lit up as per the photo. Unplug it, wait 30 seconds, and plug  it back in, same result. Push the factory reset again, same result. Press factory reset and Unplug for 5 seconds, then plug back in holding the factory reset button the entire time, Same result.  Push the factory reset button for 30 Sec, Unplug still holding the factory reset button, wait 30 sec, plug back in still holding the factory reset, continue to hold factory rest for 30 Sec more...  Same result. Send in for Warranty?Lights  on solid, no blinkingLights on solid, no blinking0307181621b.jpg

Model: JGS524Ev2|ProSafe Plus 24 ports gigabits switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: All lights lit up and the switch is not available on the network. Can I fix it?

Hi @Gary-W,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

It seemed that there is a hardware fault on the JGS524Ev2 switch.  Kindly try to access the JGS524Ev2 support page here then click on the 'reddish/pinkish' button that says Guided Assistance.  Follow the online instructions and you could process a replacement from there.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: All lights lit up and the switch is not available on the network. Can I fix it?

@Gary-Wwrote:

Send in for Warranty?

Looks like, yes ... unless some Netgear moderator has some catch22 at hand.

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Gary-W,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

It seemed that there is a hardware fault on the JGS524Ev2 switch.  Kindly try to access the JGS524Ev2 support page here then click on the 'reddish/pinkish' button that says Guided Assistance.  Follow the online instructions and you could process a replacement from there.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
Gary-W
Aspirant

Thank you so much guys, I have created a support ticket using the link provided by LaneA. 

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Gary-W,

I just want to follow-up on this.  If ever you were able to use the Guided Assistance and processed a replacement as well as you have no further inquiries, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements