× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Auto-VoIP: Is it working?

JeffAtK2
Guide

Auto-VoIP: Is it working?

Hi All,

Ok, after a couple weeks of pulling out what's left of my hair, I'm going back to start. I've reset all my VLAN stuff back to default and am trying again:

I have Avaya 9608G phones plugged into the switch. The switch is plugged into our LAN (via an old switch I'll be replacing in a few weeks). The firewall rules on my router are set to allow comunication between my LAN and my phone co. Everything seems to work. I can make and receive calls, and use the data port on that back of the phone.

I'm really fine with everything being on the same LAN as long as the call quality is there. Unless there's another reason I'm not considering that I shouldn't?

My concern is call quality when I start connecting many phones and computers. So I decided to impliment Protocol-based Auto-VoIP using the default auto-voip VLAN (4088). Traffic class is 6 (the highest).

When I make calls from this phone the Auto-VoIP status still shows "Number of Voice Channels Detected: 0". Does this mean it's not working? Can I get a few clues to why not?

Do I need to do anything in Voice VLAN to make this work? I've seen posts saying yes and others saying no, so I'm confused.

Thanks,

Jeff

Model: GS752TPv2|48-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (380W)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JeffAtK2
Guide

Re: Auto-VoIP: Is it working?

Go it working! Solution in another thread from earlier in my excapades.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-Click-Switches/Voice-VLAN-Auto-VoIP-VLAN-and-a-hurting-b... 

Thanks,

Jeff

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JeffAtK2
Guide

Re: Auto-VoIP: Is it working?

Go it working! Solution in another thread from earlier in my excapades.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-Click-Switches/Voice-VLAN-Auto-VoIP-VLAN-and-a-hurting-b... 

Thanks,

Jeff

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements