× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Access Admin Interface over LAG on XS716E

ddejarnett
Tutor

Can't Access Admin Interface over LAG on XS716E

I have a XS716E 16 Port 10-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch with a 6 port LAG configured that is connected to a Cisco trunk.  From a node on the Cisco, I can't access the admin interface of the Netgear, but when I plug directly into the Netgear, it works.  The ports in my LAG are configured with all VLANs IDs.  The other ports on my switch are configured with the same VLAN as my main network.

Can anyone tell me why I can't access the admin interface over the LAG?

David

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Can't Access Admin Interface over LAG on XS716E

Have no more XS708Ev1/XS708Ev2XS716E in operation. Vaguley remember having had the very same problem on one or some of these models initially, however it was fixed with some firmware update later on. Must admit never had that many ports in a LAG, but up to two resp. four ports in a static LAG.

Is the firmware updated to the current version from  https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XS716E#download ?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Communication on the VLAN trunk and the ports associated to the VLANs configured does essentially work - just the admin Web UI is causing issues?

Aware the XS716E does only support static LAG, no IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation, 802.3ad with LACP) - is the Cisco configured accordingly?

Message 2 of 6
ddejarnett
Tutor

Traffic gets passed perfectly over the trunk/LAG. (on all VLANs)  I just can't connect into the web ui without being on a device connected directly to that switch.

Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Have no more XS708Ev1/XS708Ev2XS716E in operation. Vaguley remember having had the very same problem on one or some of these models initially, however it was fixed with some firmware update later on. Must admit never had that many ports in a LAG, but up to two resp. four ports in a static LAG.

Is the firmware updated to the current version from  https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XS716E#download ?

Message 4 of 6
ddejarnett
Tutor

No it's not - I found that a few hours ago.  I'm going to update it later tonight and see what happens.

Message 5 of 6
ddejarnett
Tutor

Thank you for pushing me in the right direction.  Firmware was the problem.  I updated it and now I can access the Web UI from the LAG.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements