× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Configure Switch GS108Ev3

SkellyCA
Aspirant

Can't Configure Switch GS108Ev3

I installed this switch yesterday and it seemed fine.

Today however I cannot access it either from Configuration Utility or the web. The configuration Utility shows that it has been discovered. When I click on it and hit Apply and enter password, I get the message

"The switch and manager IP address are not in the same subnet!"

The Netgear Switch Discovery Tool says "

No switches found on your local network
using the current connection."

The Windows Network Diagnostic says the device at that ip address isn't responding.

Yet since I have my computer and a couple other devices connected to the switch I have internet access.

So how can I get into it to configure it?

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Plus Switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Can't Configure Switch GS108Ev3

@SkellyCA wrote:

The configuration Utility shows that it has been discovered. When I click on it and hit Apply and enter password, I get the message

The ProSafe Plus Utility would nicely show the switch current IPv4 address. 

If these swiches are booting up, and don't get an IP configuration from a DHCP server (ie. the router) - for example becuase the router is on, not reachable, not ready yet, or there is no network cable connecting them - the swichtes fall back to the default 192.168.0.239 address.

Temporarely, a manua configuration of your computer netowrk interface to the 192.168.0.0/24 (255.255.255.0) network - for example 192.168.0.123 / 255.255.255.0 default gateway 192.168.0.1 - and open a browser connection to the 192.168.0.239 address.

@SkellyCA wrote:

The new Netgear Switch Discovery Tool is designed to work on the same TCP/IP subnet only - it's not making use of a secially crafted protocol like the NSDP (Netgear Switch Discovery Protocol) which allows talking to these switches on a pure Layer 2 network connection,as on the other tool above.

Regards,

-Kurt

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@SkellyCA wrote:

The configuration Utility shows that it has been discovered. When I click on it and hit Apply and enter password, I get the message

The ProSafe Plus Utility would nicely show the switch current IPv4 address. 

If these swiches are booting up, and don't get an IP configuration from a DHCP server (ie. the router) - for example becuase the router is on, not reachable, not ready yet, or there is no network cable connecting them - the swichtes fall back to the default 192.168.0.239 address.

Temporarely, a manua configuration of your computer netowrk interface to the 192.168.0.0/24 (255.255.255.0) network - for example 192.168.0.123 / 255.255.255.0 default gateway 192.168.0.1 - and open a browser connection to the 192.168.0.239 address.

@SkellyCA wrote:

The new Netgear Switch Discovery Tool is designed to work on the same TCP/IP subnet only - it's not making use of a secially crafted protocol like the NSDP (Netgear Switch Discovery Protocol) which allows talking to these switches on a pure Layer 2 network connection,as on the other tool above.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 2 of 3
SkellyCA
Aspirant

Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo