× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't register new switch

tantony
Luminary

Can't register new switch

I had a defective switch, so I contacted Netgear and they send me a free replacement.  I'm trying to register the new switch, but it says "this serial number is already registered to another customer".  Did Netgear send me a used switch?

Model: GS324TP|NETGEAR® S350 Series 24-Port Gigabit PoE+ Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't register new switch

@tantony,

I inquired your concern to the NETGEAR Support Team and it seems that the serial number of your GS324TP switch you got as replacement is already registered under your name.  Kindly double check it on your end. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tantony,

I'm trying to register the new switch, but it says "this serial number is already registered to another customer".  Did Netgear send me a used switch?

This is a possible system error.  Kindly send me a private message which includes the RMA number provided to you and the serial number of the switch you got as replacement.  Then, I will inquire your concern to the NETGEAR Support Team.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
tantony
Luminary

@DaneA 

Thanks, I send you a PM.  I also send an email to Customer.service@netgear.com.  I just got this new switch, and its already in my network.

Message 3 of 7
tantony
Luminary

When I called Netgear for RMA, they said I have 10 business days to return the old switch, but I think I'll hold on to it while this is figured out.

Message 4 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tantony,

I inquired your concern to the NETGEAR Support Team and it seems that the serial number of your GS324TP switch you got as replacement is already registered under your name.  Kindly double check it on your end. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Netgear does automatically register replacement devices with the very same account the RMA was requested There is no need to register the device manually.

Regards

-Kurt

Message 6 of 7
tantony
Luminary

@schumaku 

@DaneA 

Thanks.  I see it on my account as one of the registered switches.  This is my first time doing an RMA, and I was not aware that they automatically register it.  I'll send the old switch now.  Appreciate all the help.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements