× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Compatibility between GS108 ev3switch and UniFi AP AC LR access point

Sbod
Aspirant

Compatibility between GS108 ev3switch and UniFi AP AC LR access point

Hi, I have just bought (in Switzerland) a brand new GS 108 ev3 and brand new UniFi access points AP AC LR. When I connect the access points directly to the router, no problem it works, I can see them in the controller and adopt them but when I connect the access points to the switch (i have tried all the ports and various cables) the access point go in permanent isolated state and cannot see them in the controller. Many thanks for your help.

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSafe 8 ports Gigabit Plus switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Sbod
Aspirant

Re: Compatibility between GS108 ev3switch and UniFi AP AC LR access point

Hi, many thanks for the reply. I have been able to fix it. Had a kind of conflict with a TV BOX. I wired the TV box directly to the router, bypassing the switch and now the access points work perfectly.

View solution in original post

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Plus Switch
Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Sbod
Aspirant

@Sbod wrote:

Hi, I have just bought (in Switzerland) a brand new GS 108 ev3 and brand new UniFi access points AP AC LR. When I connect the access points directly to the router, no problem it works, I can see them in the controller and adopt them but when I connect the access points to the switch (i have tried all the ports and various cables) the access point go in permanent isolated state and cannot see them in the controller. Many thanks for your help.

Maybe as an addendum : I used the POE injector that is included with the Ubiquity UniFi Access Points

Message 2 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Sbod,

Welcome to our community!

The GS108Ev3 is compatible to any Unifi APs as long as you are using a power injector that provides power to it. Do you have any VLANs created on the switch?

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
Sbod
Aspirant

Hi, many thanks for the reply. I have been able to fix it. Had a kind of conflict with a TV BOX. I wired the TV box directly to the router, bypassing the switch and now the access points work perfectly.
Model: GS108Ev3|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Plus Switch
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements