× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configuration of GS116 Switch

hshah96
Aspirant

Configuration of GS116 Switch

Hi

Before I start is is not the Pro SAFE Plus, Just the ProSafe. 

I have connected it up to the home router and then set up my Sonos system. Once it was set up it was workig. Then it suddnely drops. I even then tried connecting my laptop into it but don't get a connection to the internet when i did before.

Please can you help.

Thanks

Model: GS116E|ProSAFE Plus 16-port Gigabit Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Configuration of GS116 Switch

Hi hshah96

Sorry for the confusion but if the switch is the GS116 not the GS116E (Plus version) is an unmanaged switch so you can't manage it.

What I recommend is to try to isolate the network, just plug the switch the router an to the computer and see if you can get internet. It's likely that some of the new devices will be acting as DHCP server and will break the internet connectivity.

Hope that it helps.

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
ElaineP
NETGEAR Expert

Hi hshah96,

Welcome to NETGEAR community!

Please only connect your laptop to GS116, and do factory default on the front panel of GS116, due to does not connect to DHCP Server, GS116 will use the default ip address: 192.168.0.239.

You can set your laptop ip address as 192.168.0.x. Then you can connect to GS116 and ping ok. Please make sure your switch and laptop have the same subnet.

Look forward you reply, thanks.

Regards,

NETGEAR Employee

Message 2 of 4
hshah96
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks for the reply

There is no factory default on the front panel.

Could you please advise

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi hshah96

Sorry for the confusion but if the switch is the GS116 not the GS116E (Plus version) is an unmanaged switch so you can't manage it.

What I recommend is to try to isolate the network, just plug the switch the router an to the computer and see if you can get internet. It's likely that some of the new devices will be acting as DHCP server and will break the internet connectivity.

Hope that it helps.

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements