× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configure LAG on XS712T for QNAP 4.2 NAS

kslark
Aspirant

Configure LAG on XS712T for QNAP 4.2 NAS

Hello,

I'm attempting to configure a LAG for a QNAP NAS running QTS 4.2.

I set up a static LAG using two ports, leaving every Advanced as default. Then I set the QNAP to Port Trunking and none of our machines can ping the QNAP on any Trunking settings.

I've attempted to connect to the QNAP using both Windows 10 and 7 machines, our NICs are Intel x540-T1s.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Configure LAG on XS712T for QNAP 4.2 NAS

Hi kslark,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Let us isolate the problem.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Since you have set a static LAG between the XS712T and QNAP NAS, kindly go to the LAG Configuration page of the XS712T then check the LAG State.  Does it say Link Down or Link Up?

b. Also, on the LAG Configuration page of the XS712T, is the Admin Mode set to "Enable" on the two ports configured as LAG?

c. What is the behavior of the port LEDs on the two ports configured as LAG on the XS712T?

d. What is the current firmware version of your XS712T?

I look forward to your response.  Furthermore, kindly try to select LACP on the LAG Type in the LAG Configuration page of the XS712T then check if it works.  As reference, access pages 80-83 of the XS712T Administration Manual here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi kslark,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Let us isolate the problem.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Since you have set a static LAG between the XS712T and QNAP NAS, kindly go to the LAG Configuration page of the XS712T then check the LAG State.  Does it say Link Down or Link Up?

b. Also, on the LAG Configuration page of the XS712T, is the Admin Mode set to "Enable" on the two ports configured as LAG?

c. What is the behavior of the port LEDs on the two ports configured as LAG on the XS712T?

d. What is the current firmware version of your XS712T?

I look forward to your response.  Furthermore, kindly try to select LACP on the LAG Type in the LAG Configuration page of the XS712T then check if it works.  As reference, access pages 80-83 of the XS712T Administration Manual here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
kslark
Aspirant

It worked for me!

I set the Admin mode to "Enabled" and enabled LACP on the XS712T and IEEE 802.3ad (LACP) on the QNAP NAS.

The software version of my XS712T is 6.1.0.34.

Thanks for your assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements