× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DNS setup

nayan_n002
Follower

DNS setup

I want to buy a netgear nighthawk s8000 device.My ISP serve me a static ip and it fixed Ip address, Net mask, Get way, and two fixed DNS server. Can i set up net mask,get way, DNS on netgear nighthawk s8000 switch?

Model: GS808E|Nighthawk S8000 Gaming & Streaming Advanced 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: DNS setup

Hi nayan_n002,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

You may need a router and not a switch in order for you to set up your static IP coming from your ISP. The switch is only an additional port from your router.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Apps and Services. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

Switches - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi nayan_n002,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

You may need a router and not a switch in order for you to set up your static IP coming from your ISP. The switch is only an additional port from your router.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements