× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Diffrences between Smart managed Pro and Smart managed Plus Catagories

NetworkingFTW
Aspirant

Diffrences between Smart managed Pro and Smart managed Plus Catagories

At my organization, we're looking for a new switch, and we're wondering what the difference is between the smart managed Plus catagory and the smart managed Pro catagory.  Netgear surprisingly doesn't seem to have any guide detailing the differences between the categories.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Diffrences between Smart managed Pro and Smart managed Plus Catagories

Hi @NetworkingFTW

Thanks for your post and for looking at NETGEAR Switches.

Both Smart Managed Plus, and Pro switches are designed for Small and Medium sized organizations, and offer cost-effective Fast Ethernet, Gigabit, Multi-Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet solutions.

Smart Managed Plus switches make an ideal upgrade from Unmanaged switches, with easy-to-use web browser-based management GUI, and essential Layer 2 switching features including VLAN, QoS, Multicast and Link Aggregation.

Smart Managed Pro switches provide even more features, with Access Control Lists, Spanning Tree and SNMP that you won't find on Plus versions. Often with IPv4/IPv6 Layer 3 Static Routing, the Pro versions bring more enterprise-class networking to budget-aware SMBs.

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have a specific port count or model in mind.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @NetworkingFTW

Thanks for your post and for looking at NETGEAR Switches.

Both Smart Managed Plus, and Pro switches are designed for Small and Medium sized organizations, and offer cost-effective Fast Ethernet, Gigabit, Multi-Gigabit and 10 Gigabit Ethernet solutions.

Smart Managed Plus switches make an ideal upgrade from Unmanaged switches, with easy-to-use web browser-based management GUI, and essential Layer 2 switching features including VLAN, QoS, Multicast and Link Aggregation.

Smart Managed Pro switches provide even more features, with Access Control Lists, Spanning Tree and SNMP that you won't find on Plus versions. Often with IPv4/IPv6 Layer 3 Static Routing, the Pro versions bring more enterprise-class networking to budget-aware SMBs.

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have a specific port count or model in mind.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
NetworkingFTW
Aspirant

Nope, that's what I needed, the rest I can take from here.  Thanks for the quick response.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Browse down to the 10 GbE and GbE switches of each category, and have an eye at the feature set.

Smart Managed Plus are coming with really light management features.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements