× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FS728TPv2 POE - enable/disable POE for a port using SNMP

Bullfrog528
Initiate

FS728TPv2 POE - enable/disable POE for a port using SNMP

Hi

Having a similar issue as the original poster of this thread here - https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-Click-Switches/FS728TPv2-MIB-files-Enable-disable-POE-ad...

I need access to the MIB file to enable disable POE admin mode for a specific port on an FS728TPv2 - not sure why the file was only made available for 48 hours. Essentially need to reboot a POE device at 3am each night and need to automate the process. I seem to have no other method to automate this other than power cycling the device using the POE.

The OID of 1.3.6.1.2.1.105.1.3.1.... doesn't seem to be supported by the FS728TPv2.

Any info gratefully received.

Thanks

Bullfrog

Model: FS728TPv2|28-Port 10/100 Fast Ethernet PoE Smart Managed Pro Switch with 24 PoE Ports
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FS728TPv2 POE - enable/disable POE for a port using SNMP

Hi @Bullfrog528,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

You can download the FS728TPv2 MIBs on this link.  The link will expire within 2-3 days. 

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Bullfrog528,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

You can download the FS728TPv2 MIBs on this link.  The link will expire within 2-3 days. 

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Bullfrog528
Initiate

Hi

Thanks so much - it took a while to figure out what I needed from what you made available but i have now managed to do what I needed to. Thanks so much.

The command I used to disable POE/Admin on port 7 

/bin/snmpset -t 10 -v 2c -c private 192.168.1.1 1.3.6.1.4.1.4526.11.16.1.1.1.3.1.7 i 2

to re-enable I used 

/bin/snmpset -t 10 -v 2c -c private 192.168.1.1 1.3.6.1.4.1.4526.11.16.1.1.1.3.1.7 i 1

If it's not acceptable to show the above info , then please delete post.

Thanks

Jeremy (Bullfrog528)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements