× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Finding a mac address off a device on the switch

yaboy713
Aspirant

Finding a mac address off a device on the switch

What are the steps to finding out the ip or mac address of a device that is connected on my switch? For example, if someone walks up and connect their device to a port on my switch, how can I view the device mac or ip address through the gui via ip address?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Carl_z
NETGEAR Expert

Hi yaboy713 ,

Smiley SadFS728TP not implement with function of routing,so there no Routing tab.

For FS728TP you can find at "Switching>address table". Here it show us all mac address that pass through the port  so you may see more than one mac address on a port. 

You can also refer to http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/FS728TP_SWA_11Jan2010.pdf  page 107-110

address table.png

Hope it helps

Regards

Carl

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Carl_z
NETGEAR Expert

Hi yaboy713

Wlecome to Netgear Community!

You can view via Routing>ARP>Basic>ARP cash

Here, it show us IP address,port,and man address.

This function is not implemented on a plus switch,hope you are not using a plus switch .

arp.png

Regards

Carl

Netgear Employee

Message 2 of 4
yaboy713
Aspirant

Thanks for responding Carl,

I have a FS728TP. I do not see the Routing tab. Could it be a sub tab somewhere else?

Message 3 of 4
Carl_z
NETGEAR Expert

Hi yaboy713 ,

Smiley SadFS728TP not implement with function of routing,so there no Routing tab.

For FS728TP you can find at "Switching>address table". Here it show us all mac address that pass through the port  so you may see more than one mac address on a port. 

You can also refer to http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/FS728TP_SWA_11Jan2010.pdf  page 107-110

address table.png

Hope it helps

Regards

Carl

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements