× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware upgrades

tbuilt62
Aspirant

Firmware upgrades

Can you upgrade firmware from 5.2.0.26 to 6.1.0.36 on Netgear GS752TXS?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Firmware upgrades

@tbuilt62,

Kindly answer the questions below:

a.  Have you tried to clear the cache on the browser you are using?

b. Have you tried using other browsers like Firefox or Safari?

c. Have you tried using other PCs or laptops to isolate the problem?

If your answer is "Yes" from the questions above and still same problem, kindly try the steps below:

1. On the web-GUI, go to Security >  Access then click on the HTTPS > HTTPS Configuration link.

2. Make sure to enable HTTPS Admin Mode.

3. On the HTTPS port field, make sure it is set to 443.

4. Click Apply then check if you are able to access the web-GUI of the GS752TXS switch via HTTPS.  

5. Try to reboot the GS752TXS switch then try again to access the web-GUI via HTTPS.

As reference, kindly read pages 203-205 of the GS752TXS Smart Switch Software Administration Manual here

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi tbuilt62,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I suggest that you upgrade the firmware from v5.2.0.26 to v6.1.0.36 in a ladderized manner.  What I mean is upgrade the firmware first from v5.2.0.26 to v6.1.0.27.  Then, upgrade it from v6.1.0.27 to v6.1.0.35 and finally from v6.1.0.35 to the latest version which is 6.1.0.36.  

Be reminded to perform a  factory reset on the GS752TXS switch after upgrading the firmware to the latest version.  Afterwards, reconfigure it from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
tbuilt62
Aspirant

I have upgraded as it was suggested, factory reset and started configuring from scratch. All is working well except for I am unable to connect thru HTTPS to the switch stack, I can connect with HTTP. Any suggestions on how to configure the HTTPS would be greatly appreciated.

Model: GS752TXS|NETGEAR 48-port Stackable Smart Switch with 10G
Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tbuilt62,

Kindly answer the questions below:

a.  Have you tried to clear the cache on the browser you are using?

b. Have you tried using other browsers like Firefox or Safari?

c. Have you tried using other PCs or laptops to isolate the problem?

If your answer is "Yes" from the questions above and still same problem, kindly try the steps below:

1. On the web-GUI, go to Security >  Access then click on the HTTPS > HTTPS Configuration link.

2. Make sure to enable HTTPS Admin Mode.

3. On the HTTPS port field, make sure it is set to 443.

4. Click Apply then check if you are able to access the web-GUI of the GS752TXS switch via HTTPS.  

5. Try to reboot the GS752TXS switch then try again to access the web-GUI via HTTPS.

As reference, kindly read pages 203-205 of the GS752TXS Smart Switch Software Administration Manual here

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements