Antworten

Betreff: GC728XP Switch nicht in Deutschland zu finden.

Zdr_IT
Guide

GC728XP Switch nicht in Deutschland zu finden.

Hallo liebe Community,

ich möchte gerne den Insight Managed Gigabit Ethernet/10G SFP+ Smart Cloud Switches GC728XP in Deutschland kaufen. Allerdings kann ich den Switch nicht auf der Netgear-DE Seite finden. Ich finde das Produkt lediglich bei einigen wenigen Anbietern in der Schweiz. Kann mir jemand sagen, warum es das Produkt nicht auf Netgear DE gibt? Hat schon jemand das Produkt (z.B. in der Schweiz)? Kann mir einer von euch schon Feedback zur Performance geben. Laut Spec ist das Produkt genau das, was ich für mein Haus benötige.

Netgear_GC728XP.jpg

Vielen Dank für Eure Hilfe!

Gruß Sven

Nachricht 1 von 11
Slas
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GC728XP Switch nicht in Deutschland zu finden.

Hallo @Zdr_IT,

und willkommen in der NETGEAR Community.

Wenn ich die Information über die Verfügbarkeit des Produkts auf dem deutschen Markt bekomme, werde ich Dich gerne benachrichtigen.

Grüße
Slas
NETGEAR Community Team

Nachricht 2 von 11
Slas
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hallo @Zdr_IT,

das Produkt sollte um März verfügbar sein.

Grüße
Slas
NETGEAR Community Team

Nachricht 3 von 11
schumaku
Guru

Hallo Sven,

Offiziell sind die GC728X und GC728XP Modelle auch in Nordamerika erst ab Februar verfügbar.

Mittlerweile sind die neuen GbE/10GbE SFP+ Swiches auch auf der Deutschen Seite aufgeführt Insight Managed Smart Cloud Switches -> Insight Managed Smart Cloud Gigabit/10G SFP+-Switches

Wir haben seit einigen Monaten vor allem die "kleinen" GS510P und GC510PP v.a. in kleinen Sites im Zusammenhang mit einigen WAC510 als Standalone-Geräte (einziger zusätzlicher Switch neben den Routern) in kleinen Büros im Einsatz. Trotz Einschränkungen setzen wir die Insight App (IM3) ein. Die Switches laufen zuverlässig, die WAC510 hängen sich gelegentlich auf. Da wünscht man sich zum Beispiel die Möglichkeit die PoE Versorgung für einen kalten Reboot kurz und einfach unterbrechen zu können. Die ersten GC728X und GC728XP sind noch im Testbetrieb, neben einer Ausnahme noch mit reiner Web-Administration. Soweit sind wir ganz zufrieden mit der Investition. 

Grüsse aus der Schweiz

-Kurt

Nachricht 4 von 11
Zdr_IT
Guide

Hallo zusammen,

vielen Dank für eure Antworten.

Ich habe das Modell mittlerweile bei einem Händler in Deutschland gekauft und auch bereits erhalten. 

Viele Grüße,

Sven

Nachricht 5 von 11
occamsrazor
Guide

@Zdr_IT- Sorry I don't speak German but used Google Translate on your post. As you are one of the few people I can find who actually has one, can you tell us more about how you are liking it? Are you using the cloud portal to manage or the local web interface? How is the fan noise? Any other observation would be most welcome, thanks.

Entschuldigung, ich spreche kein Deutsch, aber verwende Google Translate auf deinem Post. Da du einer der wenigen Leute bist, die ich finde, die einen haben, kannst du uns mehr darüber erzählen, wie es dir gefällt? Verwenden Sie das Cloud-Portal zur Verwaltung oder die lokale Web-Schnittstelle? Wie ist das Lüftergeräusch? Jede andere Beobachtung wäre sehr willkommen, danke.
Nachricht 6 von 11
Zdr_IT
Guide

Dear occamsrazor,

my experience is not representative for a general performance review but I let you know what I know so far.

I was using the inside app in the beginning but experienced multiple problems when saving settings (e.g. disabling PoE for certain ports, LAG config). Therefore, I switched to the web based version to set-up the switch. Even in the web based mode there are a few problems but I think this is normal for a new device when you get it that early. I have the switch in my server room, therefore the fan noise is not really an issue. I checked it this morning and I have to say... I can not hear a fan at all. But keep in mind, even though I have multiple cameras, computers, servers, etc. it is still a personal home not a company. If the traffic is different the fan noise might be different. 

I think it will take a few firmware updates until everything is fixed but I am okay with that as the devise has an excellent price/performance ratio and that was most important for me. Everything else is only software and I trust that Netgear will fix everything accordingly.

cheers!

Nachricht 7 von 11
Zdr_IT
Guide

One additional thing that I really don’t like... 

when you want to switch back from web-based to insight-based control, it will automatically use the settings saved in the cloud not the current settings. This, in my eyes, is nonsense. The preference in controlling devices should not have anything to do with the settings for my devices. Maybe that’s just me but I don’t like it.

Nachricht 8 von 11
occamsrazor
Guide

Thank you for your observations - much appreciated. I would be using it for home too. The whole cloud vs web interface functionality is a bit confusing. As you say it's a new product so I guess any bugs will be fixed, but for now I think I will have to give it a miss. I am also looking at the Ubiquiti Unifi switches, although to get SFP+ in those you need to go up to a 48-port model. Appreciate the information though....

Nachricht 9 von 11
Zdr_IT
Guide

I looked at them as well... But more expensive and only one year warranty made me rethink. Good luck in finding the right product.

Nachricht 10 von 11
schumaku
Guru

Operating a GC728X, a GC510PP, and a bunch of WAC505/510, with some ReadyNAS added here at home - as kind of an edge environment to complement an SMB network. The switch fans are audible, but never noisy. Perfect balance for home or small office environments. The availability of the two SFP+ ports was the key argument for the GC728X. Worth noting, it does allow using any SFP/SFP+ module IDs. 

Out there in the field, we have set-up similar (smaller) set-up with small office environments for customers and friends where we have hand-over the Insight based administration to non-IT people. They can do office move and changes, small extensions (like adding additional WAC, additional printers and workstations) on their own with just a few taps on the Insight App. The biggest effort we had to do as an IT service was to configure the security appliance (router) for the different VLANs in place.

Insight does offer a selected subset of the management features available on the GC switches only. The aim of Insight is an easy set-up, easy integration, easy management, easy administration, easy security - not offering a fully fledged L2+ switch management.

We've experienced a problem with the configuration of VLAN trunks to create the integration with the existing network (in Insight 3 times), too. Currently trying to figure out on how to configure a VLAN trunk between the Insight switches as well as VLAN trunks for the uplink.

If you find the either use the Web UI config or the Insight (App and Web portal) management confusing you won't get warm with the Ubiquity switch management system either.

The biggest challenge? Netgear has to convince the market why the customer should pay for managing more than for a few device basic management.

Nachricht 11 von 11
Autoren, für die die meisten Kudos vergeben wurden
Diskussionsstatistiken
  • 10 Antworten
  • 4616 Aufrufe
  • 10 Kudos
  • 4 in Unterhaltung