× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS108E Not able to reset defaults

kukeser
Aspirant

GS108E Not able to reset defaults

Hi all,

I have a problem to reset the switch. I tried in different ways. Only 2-3 seconds, with power off, etc.

I was only able to connect 1 time to the switch (it is brand new) and could configure it.

After a reboot I did not can access to the switch.

The switch did not assign a IP from the dhcp. Even if I try with a direct connection to 192.168.0.239 did not work. I also installed the Prosafe utility and it did not see the switch.

Do you have an idea?

Regards

Kay-Uwe

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Plus Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@kukeser,

Thanks for the update.  I found out that you have also contacted NETGEAR Support and it was indicated that you decided to return the GS108Ev3 switch back to Amazon.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @kukeser,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly try the steps below:

1. Disconnect the GS108Ev3 switch from your existing network and make sure its turned on.  Get a straightened paper clip.

2. Insert the paper clip to the factory defaults hole.  Then, press and hold the factory reset button inside it for 30 seconds.

3. After 30 seconds, turn off the GS108Ev3 switch while you still continue to press and hold the factory reset button.  Wait for 5 seconds.

4. After 5 seconds, turn on the GS108Ev3 switch while you still continue to press and hold the factory reset button.  Wait for another 5 seconds.

5. After 5 seconds, release the paper clip from the factory reset button.  Check if the GS108Ev3 switch will boot up properly.

6. If ever the GS108Ev3 switch booted up, connect a PC/laptop directly to a LAN port.

7. Assign a static IP address of 192.168.0.210 to the PC.

8. Open a browser such as Chrome or Firefox.  At the address bar, type 192.168.0.239 then press Enter.  Login to the web-GUI using 'admin' and 'password' as the username and password respectively without the quotation marks.  

Let us know the result.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
kukeser
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

I did that as well, but it didn't worked.

So I will sent it back. 😞

Regards,

Kay-Uwe

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@kukeser,

Thanks for the update.  I found out that you have also contacted NETGEAR Support and it was indicated that you decided to return the GS108Ev3 switch back to Amazon.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements