× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS110EMX - LAG on 10G ports

perdurabo
Aspirant

GS110EMX - LAG on 10G ports

Hi! I'm planning to get an Asustor AS5304T NAS which supports LAG on two 2,5G ports so I'm asking myself if the GS110EMX supports link aggregation on the 10G ports as well. If this is the case I hope to get a constant bandwidth of 1G for each device that is connected to one of the 1G ports (i.e. up to 5 devices)

Model: GS110EMX|8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch with 2-Port 10G/Multi-Gig Uplinks
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS110EMX - LAG on 10G ports

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Yes, it does!

GS110EMX-LAG-p9-10.JPG

Message 2 of 5
perdurabo
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply, that's great. I'm also considering the Nighthawk SX10 and I'm wondering if it lacks any features the GS110 has to offer (or vice versa) - unfortunately it's not possible to compare the two models directly on the Netgear site.

Model: GS110EMX|8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch with 2-Port 10G/Multi-Gig Uplinks
Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Both the GS110EMX and the SX10 (aka. GS810EMX!) are built on the same hardware platform. By rule of thumb, the features are very similar - the SX10 has a more fancy (less switch tech style) Web UI, which can be operated on a mobile browser easier than the "big" switch UI, the design priorities are set on different aspects. Further on, it comes with some Port Priority (QoS) presets. Very few niche GS110EMX features might be not available on the SX10. Few oddities only, like the On/Off "switch" for configuring Static LAG (Off) or Dynamic/LACP LAG (On) in the UI - appears the UI designer did not wanted to know about radio buttons 8-). This is it - the fancy enclosure design does make most of the differences.

Message 4 of 5
perdurabo
Aspirant

Thanks again for the feedback! I decided to order the GS110EMX!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements