× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS110TP IGMP querying

CraftyAndy
Aspirant

GS110TP IGMP querying

Hi there,

I was having some multicast issues and I thought perhaps it was due to not having an IGMP Querier on the network so I purchased the GS110TP to replace the switch I was using. 

I believe I have it setup correctly, but I am not seeing any IGMPv2 queries or responses in Wireshark. 

I have verified that the IGMP snooping is working correctly and devices show up in the IGMP snooping table.

I am on the latest firmware, and did a factory reset after doing the firmware update. An image is attached to show my configuration. I have not changed any settings in the VLAN tab.MySettings

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Carl_z
NETGEAR Expert

Re: GS110TP IGMP querying

Hi CraftyAndy

Welcome to Netgear Community!

Beside your current configuration, there something to be added.

1.switching >muticast>igmp snooping>IGMP snooping vlan configuration.  Here add vlan 1 as igmp snooping vlan.

2.switching >muticast>igmp snooping querier>Querier configuration.  Here enable Querier Admin Mode,add you can set IGMP Version,Query Interval as you want.

After add  this you can check at switching >muticast>igmp snooping querier>Querier vlan status, it should show vlan 1 Operational State is Querier. Also ,at this time you can capture igmp query message via Wireshark.

Regards

Carl

Netgear Employee

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Carl_z
NETGEAR Expert

Hi CraftyAndy

Welcome to Netgear Community!

Beside your current configuration, there something to be added.

1.switching >muticast>igmp snooping>IGMP snooping vlan configuration.  Here add vlan 1 as igmp snooping vlan.

2.switching >muticast>igmp snooping querier>Querier configuration.  Here enable Querier Admin Mode,add you can set IGMP Version,Query Interval as you want.

After add  this you can check at switching >muticast>igmp snooping querier>Querier vlan status, it should show vlan 1 Operational State is Querier. Also ,at this time you can capture igmp query message via Wireshark.

Regards

Carl

Netgear Employee

Message 2 of 3
CraftyAndy
Aspirant

Hi Carl,

I had already done step 2 above (I realize now that my screenshot did not capture that..), but I had not done step 1. I had tried to but rather than clicking "add" I hit "apply" and nothing happened. When I re-did step 1 and hit "add" the entry was added and I now see the queries and the snooping table is being populated. Thank you!!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements