× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS116EV2 DHCP configuration

norfolkguy
Aspirant

GS116EV2 DHCP configuration

Help! I'm trying to install the GS116EV2 on my home network. DHCP is coming from my cable router - so it's not needed here and I'm trying to turn it off on the switch. 

I can do that (using the PROSAFE Config Utility) - and all works well for 5 - 10 minutes, then the network crashes. Guess what? The switch has re-enabled DHCP all on its own!

Any ideas? I've spent several hours on this already - and I'm about to send it back. last chance. Am I doing something very wrong here / what am I missing?

thanks

Model: GS116Ev2|ProSafe Plus 16 ports gigabits switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
norfolkguy
Aspirant

Thanks. I've just spent 2 hours on calls with Netgear Support. Ultimately, they have concluded that there's a hardware fault on the box! New one on it's way 🙂

Thanks for your input anyway. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@norfolkguy wrote:

I'm trying to install the GS116EV2 on my home network. DHCP is coming from my cable router - so it's not needed here and I'm trying to turn it off on the switch.

The GS116Ev2 has - similar to any other Netgear Smart Managed Plus model - no DHCP server on board, therefore is nothing you have to disable on the switch.

@norfolkguy wrote:

I can do that (using the PROSAFE Config Utility) - and all works well for 5 - 10 minutes, then the network crashes. Guess what? The switch has re-enabled DHCP all on its own!

Wonder what you have done exactly on the config utility, and how/where you think you see an active DHCP server on that switch.

The Smart Managed Plus management interface can either be configured by DHCP, or a fixed config can be applied.

Without some more insight it's hard to help or identify a cause why the network does "crash". Duplicate IP, ....? 

Message 2 of 3
norfolkguy
Aspirant

Thanks. I've just spent 2 hours on calls with Netgear Support. Ultimately, they have concluded that there's a hardware fault on the box! New one on it's way 🙂

Thanks for your input anyway. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements