× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS116Ev2 Port Mirroring and loss of mirrored traffic

OverSeer
Aspirant

GS116Ev2 Port Mirroring and loss of mirrored traffic

I've recently set up port mirroring on my GS116Ev2 (firmware v. 2.6.0.24) and it works... at least for a little while. For some reason, and I don't have the exact amount of time involved, the mirroring will just "stop". The mirror is still set up but I'm no longer getting the mirrored traffic to the specified port. A simple reboot of the switch and I start receiving the mirrored traffic again. Any ideas of what to look for or try?

Model: GS116Ev2|ProSAFE Plus 16-port Gigabit Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Nodism1125
NETGEAR Expert

Re: GS116Ev2 Port Mirroring and loss of mirrored traffic

Hi OverSeer, 

Please try another port as Destination Port and see if you encounter the same issue. Also, check if CRC error counts increasing under Port Statistics.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi OverSeer,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

May I know if you are trying to get a packet capture on a mirrored port? How long are you trying to run the packet capture? It may only take about 30 seconds to get a packet capture. 

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
OverSeer
Aspirant

Not running a packet capture but a security monitoring device is attached to that port to get the feed of traffic for analysis.

Message 3 of 5
Nodism1125
NETGEAR Expert

Hi OverSeer, 

Please try another port as Destination Port and see if you encounter the same issue. Also, check if CRC error counts increasing under Port Statistics.

Message 4 of 5
OverSeer
Aspirant

Sorry for the long delay. I was able to get the port mirroring to work by hard reseting the switch *and* trying a different port. Something's just "up" with port 9 on my switch when it comes to mirroring for some unknown reason ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements