× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS116ev2 How can you verify that you have the new version 2 switch and not the older model GS1116e

marv3
Aspirant

GS116ev2 How can you verify that you have the new version 2 switch and not the older model GS1116e

Confused, I just purchased a GS116ev2 switch (I think). The box labels the switch as a GS116E (no v2 modifier) on the front of the box, the model states it is a GS116E-200NAS. So does the lack of the v2 on the front label mean it is not the newer version 2 of the switch. Thanks in advanced, marv

Model: GS116Ev2|ProSAFE Plus 16-port Gigabit Switch
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS116ev2 How can you verify that you have the new version 2 switch and not the older model GS111

Hello marv3, 

Welcome to the community! 

Yes, you are correct. The box does not display the version of the switch. @No_Jah is also correct as well, sometimes you'll see the version on the bottom part of the switch. The best way you'll find out the version is by looking at the SKU (GS11E-Model Number, 200-Version 2 (100 is v1), NAS -Sold in North America Region).  You can also register your product and it will tell you what version you have. 

Let us know if this helps. 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
No_Jah
Aspirant

Re: GS116ev2 How can you verify that you have the new version 2 switch and not the older model GS111

I think you have a label at the underside of the switch that will tell you which version it is.

Message 2 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello marv3, 

Welcome to the community! 

Yes, you are correct. The box does not display the version of the switch. @No_Jah is also correct as well, sometimes you'll see the version on the bottom part of the switch. The best way you'll find out the version is by looking at the SKU (GS11E-Model Number, 200-Version 2 (100 is v1), NAS -Sold in North America Region).  You can also register your product and it will tell you what version you have. 

Let us know if this helps. 

Thanks,

Message 3 of 6
marv3
Aspirant

Thanks, you are correct, it did show GS116v2 on the botom of the switch once I unpacked it.

Message 4 of 6
marv3
Aspirant

Thanks for quick reply, I did regeister it and it did show that it was the newer version.

Message 5 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi marv3, 

Great! Let us know if you have more questions, otherwise,  we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements