× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS308T Remote Diagnostics

bonnedav
Aspirant

GS308T Remote Diagnostics

What does the Remote Diagnostics feature of the GS308T switch do and how do I use it?

Model: GS308T|NETGEAR® S350 Series 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
bonnedav
Aspirant

I figgured it out. It enables a telnet cli on port 60000. Just login with username:admin password:(your web management password). Note however that sense cli is a defineing feature of fully managed switches, this feature on plus/pro switches is intended for diagnostics and tech support use only. (At leest that is what any Netgear employe will tell you.)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

It's intended for Netgear support and engineering troubleshooting on demand only.

Technically it's kind of a shell access.

Message 2 of 4
bonnedav
Aspirant

I figgured it out. It enables a telnet cli on port 60000. Just login with username:admin password:(your web management password). Note however that sense cli is a defineing feature of fully managed switches, this feature on plus/pro switches is intended for diagnostics and tech support use only. (At leest that is what any Netgear employe will tell you.)

Message 3 of 4
bonnedav
Aspirant

um... No. I did not meen a frowny face. Suppost to be password: (...)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements