× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS310TP Vlan tagged untagged problem

AtLecC
Tutor

GS310TP Vlan tagged untagged problem

Hello, 

I have switch GS310TP (Software Version 1.0.0.9).

In attached picture you can see my vlan configuration.

Router is on g7.

Problem is that i cant access untagged vlan 10 on ports g3 and g4. If i add vlan 10 to my computers network card i can access vlan on port g2.

The same thing is happening with vlan 4 on port g1 and g2.

vLans have dhcp from router.

Am i doing something wrong? or is it the switch?

Model: GS310TP|NETGEAR® S350 Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
AtLecC
Tutor

Betreff: GS310TP Vlan tagged untagged problem

So looks like my fail.

Tested once again with another pc and everything works perfectly.

Looks like my main pc virtual Nic failed, created new one and vLans works tagged and untagged on this new virtual Nic.

Thanks anyway.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@AtLecC wrote:

Router is on g7.

Router has VLAN tagged configured, with dedicated subnets for each VLAN (for now VLAN 4 and 10 as these are the ones causing a problem)?

@AtLecC wrote:

Problem is that i cant access untagged vlan 10 on ports g3 and g4.

VLAN config for VLAN ID 10, the two untagged and PVID 10 on g3 and g4, and the tagged on g7 look correct.

@AtLecC wrote:

The same thing is happening with vlan 4 on g1 and g2.

VLAN config for VLAN ID 4 looks correct, untagged and PVID 4 on g1, g2, and g7.

@AtLecC wrote:

If i add vlan 10 to my computers network card i can access vlan on port g2.

This reads a little bit vague - you created  sub-interface on the computer, tagged to VLAN ID 10, and get DHCP on that sub-interface and/or can communicate on that subnet?

As the VLAN config looks OK, I suspect more a problem on your router than on the switch.

Message 2 of 4
AtLecC
Tutor

@schumaku wrote:

@AtLecC wrote:

Router is on g7.

Router has VLAN tagged configured, with dedicated subnets for each VLAN (for now VLAN 4 and 10 as these are the ones causing a problem)?

Yes, router has dedicated vlans (couple of them) with subnets. Default subnet (without vlan tag from router) goes as vLan 4 on switch. but strangely it does not work on g1. Haven't tested rest of vLans.

@schumaku wrote:

@AtLecC wrote:

If i add vlan 10 to my computers network card i can access vlan on port g2.

This reads a little bit vague - you created  sub-interface on the computer, tagged to VLAN ID 10, and get DHCP on that sub-interface and/or can communicate on that subnet?

Yes, for testing porpuses i have hyper v virtual nics on my pc. One nic is without vLan ID, second one have vLan 10. 

With this i should be able to get untagged vLan 4 ip and tagged vlan 10 ip from dhcp.

But on g2 port only tagged vLan 10 is working. 

@schumaku wrote:

As the VLAN config looks OK, I suspect more a problem on your router than on the switch.

I would think so too that it is router problem if i would not have similar working setups.

Message 3 of 4
AtLecC
Tutor

So looks like my fail.

Tested once again with another pc and everything works perfectly.

Looks like my main pc virtual Nic failed, created new one and vLans works tagged and untagged on this new virtual Nic.

Thanks anyway.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements