× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS324T - Seems that 10/100 devices will not connect properly

TCTC
Aspirant

GS324T - Seems that 10/100 devices will not connect properly

Hello,

I just purchased a used GS324T switch.  I have Port 1 plugged in to a Nighthawk wireless router.  The wireless router is connected to a cable modem.  All wireless clients on the Nighthawk work.  All 10/100 and Gig devices plugged directly in to the Nighthawk work.

None of the 10/100 connections plugged in to the GS324T appear to work.  Those ports who have 10/100 devices connected blink orange, but those devices are unable to connect to anything.  These 10/100 connections aren't very intelligent (Chamberlain MyQ, Samsung TV, Roku 3), so troubleshooting is limited.  When I plug these connections directly in to the Nighthawk, they work properly.

I connected a laptop with a 1gig network ethernet card in to one of the network jacks that a Roku 3 was plugged in to (wireless was disabled on the laptop).  The laptop connected to the ethernet network just fine and was able to reach the internet.

I am currently running firmware 1.0.0.27.  There was a second image with the 1.0.0.16 firmware on it.  I activated and booted to it and got the same results.

Model: GS324T|NETGEAR® S350 Series 24-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS324T - Seems that 10/100 devices will not connect properly

@TCTC

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Activate again the latest firmware v1.0.0.27 on the GS324T then perform a factory reset.  Check if the same problem occurs. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@TCTC

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Activate again the latest firmware v1.0.0.27 on the GS324T then perform a factory reset.  Check if the same problem occurs. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team 

Message 2 of 3
TCTC
Aspirant

Thanks @DaneA, that did the trick.  I must have goobered something up when I was doing the initial config (I had previously done a factory reset last week).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements