× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS510TPP Default password does NOT work anymore after firmware upgrade

TonMachielsen
Aspirant

GS510TPP Default password does NOT work anymore after firmware upgrade

I just upgraded the firmware to the latest version and now my password to access the switch doesn't work anymore. Factory reset and configure everything from scratch again?

Model: GS510TPP|8-Port Gigabit High Power PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports (190W)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TonMachielsen
Aspirant

Re: GS510TPP Default password does NOT work anymore after firmware upgrade

Hi John!

Yes, i can access the switch now. UNfortunately all my configuration is gone, hence what a factory reset is supposed to do.

You can close the topic, but i think you should file a bug where after a firmware upgrade the admin password gets reset/scrambled/whatever. Reset no, because i could login with the default password nor could i login with one of my previous passwords. So i guess the only option left is that the password gets corrupted.

Ton.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi TonMachielsen,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

As per checking the release notes of the latest firmware. It didn't state there that the password will be different from your previous configuration. I suggest, reset the switch to factory default and let's check if you can now log in to the UI.

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
TonMachielsen
Aspirant

Hi John!

Yes, i can access the switch now. UNfortunately all my configuration is gone, hence what a factory reset is supposed to do.

You can close the topic, but i think you should file a bug where after a firmware upgrade the admin password gets reset/scrambled/whatever. Reset no, because i could login with the default password nor could i login with one of my previous passwords. So i guess the only option left is that the password gets corrupted.

Ton.

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@TonMachielsen,

Thanks for the update! I just marked your reply as the solution 🙂

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors