× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS724T does it support LACP- I want to enable Port Trunking on Buffalo NAS Backup Drive

becko
Follower

GS724T does it support LACP- I want to enable Port Trunking on Buffalo NAS Backup Drive

I have a Buffalo Terrastaion connected to LAN  with 2 discreet Gigabyte Ethernet connections to GS724T.

To improve bandwidth I can enable Port Trunking using Dynamic Link Aggregation on Terrastation, but in order for this to work LACP requires implementing on the GS724T.

I am now out of my technical depth and would appreciate some advice oe help on if it is possible to  to do this and if so how?

Is LACP available on the GS724T?

If so is it a Switch option, or is it implemented on the specific ports the NAS drive is connected to.

Thanks and eternally grateful

Becko

Model: GS724TP|ProSafe 24 ports gigabit smart switches with PoE
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS724T does it support LACP- I want to enable Port Trunking on Buffalo NAS Backup Drive

Hello becko, 

Welcome to community! 

There is an option on the switch to enable Static or LACP LAG. You'll have to select this upon creating your LAG membership. Please refer to page 94 and 99 of the User Manual

Let us know if this helps. 

Thanks, 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS724T does it support LACP- I want to enable Port Trunking on Buffalo NAS Backup Drive

Hello becko, 

Welcome to community! 

There is an option on the switch to enable Static or LACP LAG. You'll have to select this upon creating your LAG membership. Please refer to page 94 and 99 of the User Manual

Let us know if this helps. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi becko, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements