× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS724TP faulty, unable to get support to utilise hardware warranty

Nige_G
Aspirant

GS724TP faulty, unable to get support to utilise hardware warranty

Hi

I have a GS724TP network switch that has failed, but I cannot get any response from support or even get any kind of access to support after login to netgear.  I have no extended contract of support and never want one.  The unit is several years old and I was happy with it.  I have even replaced it with an updated Netgear managed switch.  I got a ticket number to my first attempt (Case Number - 40646755).

It is pretty obvious what's wrong.  When I start the switch the power light is green and ports 1 to 20 light up momentarily on boot, but ports 21 to 24 don't light up.  I cannot connect to the switch as, due to it failing to boot correctly, it has no IP address, no web interface etc.  The factory reset does nothing when pressed for 3 secs, 30 secs, 10 minutes and rebooted whilst still held etc.

I have never updated the firmware since new, and cannot communicate with the device from a PC.  I treid all the reset methods, looking for the default IP, pinged the IP - no response, and tried wireshark to see handshake, but all failed.

How do I get support, so as to get an RMA code to allow return under hardware warranty.  I am in the UK and don't even see a UK support available, so will I have to send this to Australia if replacement is agreed?

Right now I am totally unimpressed with Netgear giving what appears to be a useless warranty that can never be activaed.

Please help.

Model: GS724TP|ProSafe 24 ports gigabit smart switches with PoE
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS724TP faulty, unable to get support to utilise hardware warranty

Hi @Nige_G,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Based from your initial post, the GS724TP switch needs replacement.  Kindly access the GS724TP switch support page here then click on the 'Guided Assistance' button and follow the online procedure to process RMA. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Nige_G,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Based from your initial post, the GS724TP switch needs replacement.  Kindly access the GS724TP switch support page here then click on the 'Guided Assistance' button and follow the online procedure to process RMA. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Nige_G
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks very much for the response.

So far I have contacted netgear via your link, with the case number that process generated, initiated an RMA, and expect a new unit soon.

I am told that the product is entitled to next business day delivery.  On receipt - it will come with a return label to return my faulty item.

The link I received by email didn't open the RMA page for me to enter my details, so I had to do it again and give details over the phone.  I assume this is only a temporary website issue.

I guess this can be closed now.

Thanks again 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements