× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS724TPv2 Daisy chain and SFP Type

Sluggs
Follower

GS724TPv2 Daisy chain and SFP Type

1. Daisy chaining this POE switch in small office to another older netgear switch do i just use a straight through cable from say port 24 on one to port 24 on the other?

2. What type of reasonably priced RJ45 SFP can i use if required as it only has the two SFP ports? or if im daisy chaining would i need it? sorry bit of a novice

Model: GS724TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports
Model: GS724TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Sluggs,

1. Daisy chaining this POE switch in small office to another older netgear switch do i just use a straight through cable from say port 24 on one to port 24 on the other?

Yes, you may just connect port 24 of one GS724Tv2 to port 24 of the other GS724Tv2 using straight-through cable.

2. What type of reasonably priced RJ45 SFP can i use if required as it only has the two SFP ports? or if im daisy chaining would i need it? sorry bit of a novice

For the SFP ports, the GS724Tv2 is compatible with AGM731F, AGM732F and AGM734.  As reference kindly, read page 9 of the GS724Tv2 Data Sheet here.   

About the price, you may inquire to any NETGEAR Authorized Resellers here

Furthermore, if you will implement VLAN on your network witht he GS724Tv2 switches, kindly read the article below:

How do I setup a VLAN trunk link between two NETGEAR switches?

If your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Sluggs,

Yes, you may just connect port 24 of one GS724Tv2 to port 24 of the other GS724Tv2 using straight-through cable.

For the SFP ports, the GS724Tv2 is compatible with AGM731F, AGM732F and AGM734.  As reference kindly, read page 9 of the GS724Tv2 Data Sheet here.   

About the price, you may inquire to any NETGEAR Authorized Resellers here

Furthermore, if you will implement VLAN on your network witht he GS724Tv2 switches, kindly read the article below:

How do I setup a VLAN trunk link between two NETGEAR switches?

If your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements