× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS724Tv3 on old firmware

BLogan
Aspirant

GS724Tv3 on old firmware

I have the above mentioned switch which for the last few years has been used as a dumb switch in default configuration. It's been solid since the original install so i've never bothered doing anything with the configuration. I've recently had some network issues; slow speed with wired devices so i started looking for solutions. the switch is running boot version 5.0.3.2 software version 4.2.1.8 which is well out of date. Under the maintenance section of the gui there is no option to upgrade firmware and the netgear discovery tool doesn't find it. Any suggestions how i can bring the firmware up to date? Any help would be much appreciated TIA  

Model: GS724T|24-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
hacesoft
Tutor

Re: GS724Tv3 on old firmware

Have a nice day,

see PDF on page 255 for Dual Image Configuration description.

On page 256 of the same PDF file is what you need.

Find out which Image you have active there.

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/GS716TV3/GS716Tv3_GS724Tv4_GS748Tv5_SWA_25Sept2013.pdf

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
BLogan
Aspirant

Update: I've now managed to discover the smartwizard discovery and i'm able to run the updates. once the update completes i get a success message but the firmware version hasn't changed.

Message 2 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Uploading the firmware alone isn't everything - depending on the storage area you need to select which of the two storage areas (Primary or Secondary) to boot.

Message 3 of 6
BLogan
Aspirant

Not sure I understand fully, are you saying there is a choice of storage space where the firmware is stored.
Message 4 of 6
hacesoft
Tutor

Have a nice day,

see PDF on page 255 for Dual Image Configuration description.

On page 256 of the same PDF file is what you need.

Find out which Image you have active there.

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/GS716TV3/GS716Tv3_GS724Tv4_GS748Tv5_SWA_25Sept2013.pdf

Message 5 of 6
BLogan
Aspirant

Thanks
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements