× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS724Tv4 Backup config .. Where ?

john510
Follower

GS724Tv4 Backup config .. Where ?

Using a Netgear GS724Tv4 .. Is there a way to backup the configuration of the switch after its up and running in the event it ever has to be reconfigures or reset
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello john510, 

Welcome to the community! 

I see you are looking for a way to backup the configuration of your switch, let me help you out. You can use the Smart Control Center Utility (download here) to upload and download the configuration file for your switch. See image below for reference: 

SCCM.png

For full instructions, please click this link and go to page 19. Also, you might want to check out the product page for your switch it will help you a lot with troubleshooting and and tips. 

I hope this helps you out, if you have more questions we'll be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello john510, 

Welcome to the community! 

I see you are looking for a way to backup the configuration of your switch, let me help you out. You can use the Smart Control Center Utility (download here) to upload and download the configuration file for your switch. See image below for reference: 

SCCM.png

For full instructions, please click this link and go to page 19. Also, you might want to check out the product page for your switch it will help you a lot with troubleshooting and and tips. 

I hope this helps you out, if you have more questions we'll be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 4
Napsterbater
Apprentice

You can go into the Web Config (via IP address, can't use a DNS name due to a bug) , then goto Maintenance, then Upload, then select HTTP File Upload, then Pick Text Configuration in the drop down, then click apply in the bottom right.

Message 3 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello john510, 

@Napsterbater's advice is also a great alternative. 

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements