× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GS724Tv4 firmware upgrade failure

Eaglehawk
Apprentice

GS724Tv4 firmware upgrade failure

Hello Community,

I have previously done a firmware update on this switch back in December 2019 to 6.3.1.33. (Windows 10, latest version etc)

However, for some strange reason, I'm able to use SCC (1.1.3.4) to update to the lastest 6.3.1.34 firmware. Let alone use SCC to reboot the switch. I've tried 2 PCs on the same switch, with the firewall disabled too.

Any hints on what I'm doing wrong?

The task gets created, but the errors out with "Task execution timeout". I don't see any transfers occuring during this time (looking at Task Manager).

Model: GS724Tv4|ProSafe 24 ports Gigabit Smart switch
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Eaglehawk
Apprentice

Replying to my own question, because I'm sure I won't be the only one burnt by this (I'll need to drive to the customer site to complete this, but I'm assuming this is the issue). From the 6.3.1.33 release notes:

"Added a new option under “Security > Management Security > SCC Control” to disable or enable Smart Control Center (SCC). It is set to Disable by default. If you upgrade firmware to V6.3.1.33 from an older version from an older version, clear your temporary internet files or browser cache to see the new settings.
Note: The SCC Utility can still discover the switch even if the SCC option is disabled."

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Eaglehawk
Apprentice

Replying to my own question, because I'm sure I won't be the only one burnt by this (I'll need to drive to the customer site to complete this, but I'm assuming this is the issue). From the 6.3.1.33 release notes:

"Added a new option under “Security > Management Security > SCC Control” to disable or enable Smart Control Center (SCC). It is set to Disable by default. If you upgrade firmware to V6.3.1.33 from an older version from an older version, clear your temporary internet files or browser cache to see the new settings.
Note: The SCC Utility can still discover the switch even if the SCC option is disabled."
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 15 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements