× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS728TPv2 Forbidden VLANs

DanskePiet
Aspirant

GS728TPv2 Forbidden VLANs

Hi,

we using 8 of the GS728TPv2 switchws. All of them are allready configured but on 2 switches we have to define forbidden VLANs on some ports. How can I do this over the Web-GUI?

Regards,

Piet

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS728TPv2 Forbidden VLANs

Hi @DanskePiet,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support and got a feedback today.  As per the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, the purpose of Forbidden VLANs is to prevent ports joining a VLAN when ports can be dynamically added using a protocol like GVRP.  There is a Remove All option, where ports that were dynamically registered through GVRP are removed from the VLAN.  Kindly check page 129 of the GS728TPv2 user manual here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @DanskePiet,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support and got a feedback today.  As per the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, the purpose of Forbidden VLANs is to prevent ports joining a VLAN when ports can be dynamically added using a protocol like GVRP.  There is a Remove All option, where ports that were dynamically registered through GVRP are removed from the VLAN.  Kindly check page 129 of the GS728TPv2 user manual here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DanskePiet
Aspirant

Hi Dane

Thanks for the replay to my question! This answer my question.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements