× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS728TPv2 POE - enable/disable POE for a port using SNMP

xgonc
Tutor

GS728TPv2 POE - enable/disable POE for a port using SNMP

Hi @DaneA 

Having a similar issue as the original poster of this thread here.

I need access to the MIB file to enable disable POE admin mode for a specific port on an GS728TPv2. Essentially I need to power down a group of POE devices when some conditions are met, and need to automate the process.

I'm using firmware 6.0.0.45

Thanks.

Model: GS728TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (190W)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS728TPv2 POE - enable/disable POE for a port using SNMP

@xgonc,

The firmware on the link is v6.0.1.4, not v6.1.1.4. Assuming it's a typo...

My bad. 😞  I admit, it's a typographical error of mine.

For anyone is looking for the same solution, here is a bash script that turns on and off a POE port:

#!/bin/bash PORT=$1 if [ $2 == "0" ]; then STATE=2 else STATE=1 fi snmpset -t 10 -v 2c -c public 192.168.1.178 1.3.6.1.2.1.105.1.1.1.3.1.$PORT i $STATE exit $?

Thank you for sharing this.  This will help a lot of community members. 🙂  

Since your concern has been addressed/resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@xgonc,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

You can download the MIB files for the GS728TPv2 firmware v6.0.0.45 on this link

You may want to consider updating the firmware of your GS728TPv2 switch to the latest version which is v6.0.1.14 and you can download it as well as its corresponding MIB file here

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
xgonc
Tutor

Thanks for the reply @DaneA 

For anyone is looking for the same solution, here is a bash script that turns on and off a POE port:

#!/bin/bash

PORT=$1
if [ $2 == "0" ]; then
        STATE=2
else
        STATE=1
fi

snmpset -t 10 -v 2c -c public 192.168.1.178 1.3.6.1.2.1.105.1.1.1.3.1.$PORT i $STATE

exit $?

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@xgonc,

My bad. 😞  I admit, it's a typographical error of mine.

#!/bin/bash PORT=$1 if [ $2 == "0" ]; then STATE=2 else STATE=1 fi snmpset -t 10 -v 2c -c public 192.168.1.178 1.3.6.1.2.1.105.1.1.1.3.1.$PORT i $STATE exit $?

Thank you for sharing this.  This will help a lot of community members. 🙂  

Since your concern has been addressed/resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements