× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS748TS VLAN access not working on one switch

tonynsx
Luminary

GS748TS VLAN access not working on one switch

I have two GS748TS as the main switches for my two VLANs. They both have the same version, except the hardware version is different. On one switch, the hardware version is 00.00.01, and the other one have 00.00.00.

I have VLANs 2&4, and I have all both VLANs as members on both switches, and I'm able to get to devices on both VLANs from either switches. But, from Switch A, when I make the ports members of VLAN 2 or 4 and I connect a laptop to the port, I get the correct VLAN ip address, but from Switch B, when I make its ports members of VLAN 2 or 4, and I connect a laptop, only the VLAN 2 members get an ip. VLAN 4 ports give me unidentified network. Any idea why. I don't have any firewall rules in my router preventing VLAN 2&4 from reaching each other, and I double checked this atleast 3 times, but both switches are configured exactly the same.

The only thing that stands out is the hardware version. Also, I know there's an update to the GS748TS (5.2.0.11), but I don't think that's the issue since one of the switches is "working"

(Switch A) GS748TS 00.00.00 1.0.2.0 V5.1.0.2
(Switch B) GS748TS 00.00.01 1.0.2.0 V5.1.0.2

Model: GS748TS|ProSafe Gigabit Stackable Smart switch|EOL
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
tonynsx
Luminary

Re: GS748TS VLAN access not working on one switch

Never mind 🙂

I forgot to add VLAN 2 on switch B on the port connected to the router.  On switch A, I have VLANs 2&4 from router, but I guess I forgot about adding VLAN 2 on switch B.  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
tonynsx
Luminary

Re: GS748TS VLAN access not working on one switch

Never mind 🙂

I forgot to add VLAN 2 on switch B on the port connected to the router.  On switch A, I have VLANs 2&4 from router, but I guess I forgot about adding VLAN 2 on switch B.  

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements