× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS752TP v1 to v2 - Same backup file?

IOTdiot
Tutor

GS752TP v1 to v2 - Same backup file?

My GS752TP-100NAS (v1?) just stopped working and it seems Netgear is sending me a GS752TP-200NAS (v2?) as a replacement.

On the support page you can select v1/v2 and they have different firmware releases so I'm assuming the firmware is not interchangeable which is fine.

But my backup file with my settings for my switch is from my v1 - will it work on the v2 switch without issue after import?

Model: GS752TP|ProSAFE 48-port PoE Smart Switch with 8 PoE+-port
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
IOTdiot
Tutor

Re: GS752TP v1 to v2 - Same backup file?

FYI for anyone wondering; I just manually reconfigured my new v2 switch. I did not use the v1 config or try to import it as the new webGUI looks different than the old one.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
IOTdiot
Tutor

I just read this in the GS752TPv2 release notes, does this mean I cannot use a v1 backup config file?

Limitations:

• Configuration migration from older devices GS728TP/ GS728TPP/ GS752TP to new devices GS28TPv2/ GS728TPPv2/ GS752TPv2 is NOT supported.
Message 2 of 4
IOTdiot
Tutor

FYI for anyone wondering; I just manually reconfigured my new v2 switch. I did not use the v1 config or try to import it as the new webGUI looks different than the old one.

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi IOTdiot,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Thank you for sharing your solution! We look forward to hearing more from you! 

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements