× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: GSS108E firmware 1.0.0.10 upgrade loop

Eaglehawk
Apprentice

GSS108E firmware 1.0.0.10 upgrade loop

Well, after a few successful upgrades since the ARP debacle, I thought the upgrade to the 1.0.0.10 version would be a no brainer.

Upgraded to the new ProSAFE Plus Utility 2.4.3, selected the GSS108E, pointed to the new 1.0.0.10 firmware, said it was succesful. Went to the IP address with the web browser to do the bootloader part...and it was still asking for the firmware file...

Tried that, restarted, same result...it's not progressing to the next stage after a restart.

Am I missing something?

Model: GSS108E|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Click Switch
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Eaglehawk
Apprentice

Swap unit arrived. It still had the 1.0.0.0 firmware. Followed the steps as per the 1.0.0.10 instructions for this firmware revision (as I still remember the TFTP problem).

Still had the same problem (The TFTP one, not the firmware loop). So I had to put manual arp entries in for the new switch to make it take the firmware upgrade. I thought this was fixed with the 2.4.3 version of ProSafe? Did I miss a step?

Anyway, all working now. Hope no one else has this issue 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi EagleHawk,

After you finished your firmware upgrade could you open a web browser with the below address:

http://x.x.x.x/loader_upg.htm   (x.x.x.x it's the ip address of the switch)

And update the bootlader?

Hope it helps!

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

Message 2 of 7
Eaglehawk
Apprentice

I already tried that.

Asked to upload via TFTP, tried the TFTP2.exe method. Nothing.

(As a side note, the upgrade on my GSS116E worked fine, so I know it wasn't my method or firewalls etc...)

I've also tried to downgrade to an older firmware, and a power off/on. I haven't tried a factory reset yet, because that would involve pulling out the unit from the back of the cabinet...

It appears to rejecting any firmware I upload. The web interface will only let me submit a firmware file, the ProSAFE utility has an * next to the device, and only asks for a firmware upgrade. I've downloaded the firmware file from a different computer/browser to make sure it wasn't corrupted. I've tried 3 different browser types, two different computers, Windows Firewall all disabled.

Anything else?

Message 3 of 7
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Eaglehawk

I would suggest also to try to do an upgrade first to the 1.0.0.6 version and later on do the upgrade to 1.0.0.10 if you haven't try it yet.

https://kb.netgear.com/31087/GSS108E-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-6

If this doesn't work I would suggest  you to open a chat / online with NETGEAR Support and let them know the status of the GSS108E switch.

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR  CBU PLM

Message 4 of 7
Eaglehawk
Apprentice

I was already on 1.0.06 before the upgrade. I'll contact support.

Message 5 of 7
Eaglehawk
Apprentice

Online chat did a TeamView, then we tried the back of the switch reset. Swap out arranged.

Message 6 of 7
Eaglehawk
Apprentice

Swap unit arrived. It still had the 1.0.0.0 firmware. Followed the steps as per the 1.0.0.10 instructions for this firmware revision (as I still remember the TFTP problem).

Still had the same problem (The TFTP one, not the firmware loop). So I had to put manual arp entries in for the new switch to make it take the firmware upgrade. I thought this was fixed with the 2.4.3 version of ProSafe? Did I miss a step?

Anyway, all working now. Hope no one else has this issue 🙂

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements