× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GSS116E no longer switching traffic roughly 1 year after deployment

pembo13
Aspirant

GSS116E no longer switching traffic roughly 1 year after deployment

On the night of the Jan 28th 2018 I had my first switching failure -- all lights were on, with some bliking on the port lights. No traffic was making it past the switch. None of the Netgear tools could find or connect to the switch. After about an hour it started working again for arbout 30 minutes.

Then it stopped working again. By this time, I had already download the manual, and figured out the correct process to factory reset (I had before this done no customozation, or event connected to the web interface) I got it switching after holding down the reset button for 10s, and proceeded to do a full firmware update.

Today. Jan 30th, I think it's failed again, this time I'm off-site, so can't even troubleshoot.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting? How do I get this replaced ASAP?

Model: GSS116E|ProSAFE 16-port Gigabit Click Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
pembo13
Aspirant

Re: GSS116E no longer switching traffic roughly 1 year after deployment

I'm disappointed that the device needed to be replace, but support helped me with getting a replacement very quckly.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

wrote:

How do I get this replaced ASAP?

myNetgear - my Support -> [Contact Support] -> [Replace my defective product] ... 

Needless to say, this requires your product is correctly registered on myNetgear, the proof of purchase uploaded.

Message 2 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi pembo13,

Welcome to our community!

In order for you to have this replace, I suggest you to open a chat / case online on NETGEAR support and please let them know the status of your switch.

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
pembo13
Aspirant

I'm disappointed that the device needed to be replace, but support helped me with getting a replacement very quckly.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements