× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HTTP config export very long on GS724TPV2

Arnaud_D
Aspirant

HTTP config export very long on GS724TPV2

Hello,

I wanted to report an issue on our GS724TPv2

We recently bought some GS724TPV2 and for all of them its very ong to export the configuration through HTTP, the donwload last 20-30 seconds (even directly connected on the switch).

During these 20-30 seconds the file is created on my computer but stay at 0 byte until the dl is finished.

I tried to export the archive, this one seems to work fine.

On all our other switches the DL is instant (M4300-M5300-GS724Tv4/v3,...).

Via TFTP the export is instant too.

Maybe a patch in the next firmware.

Thank you,

Model: GS724TP|ProSAFE 24-port Gigabit Smart Switches with PoE
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: HTTP config export very long on GS724TPV2

Almost convinced I've experienced this delay many times on some similar Smart Managed and/or Smart Managed Pro series switches - at least for the initial download. What happens in the background of the WEb UI is that - different from the tftp access - a copy of the running config is taken from the active system.

Do you experience the same when immediately re-trying the export on that specific switch model?

If you are concerned it's an issue or annoyance, create a support ticket with Netgear.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Wow - how many times you do this so this short delay is an issue?

Message 2 of 4
Arnaud_D
Aspirant

It's not an Issue, it's annoying.

I export the config each time i do a modification on the switch, lately as we implant new switches its 1/day. With 5 (more to come) GS724TPv2, saving all the configurations from all our switches become more boring than it already was.

20 seconds is 20x longer than instant (obviously) so maybe something doesnt work correctly.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Almost convinced I've experienced this delay many times on some similar Smart Managed and/or Smart Managed Pro series switches - at least for the initial download. What happens in the background of the WEb UI is that - different from the tftp access - a copy of the running config is taken from the active system.

Do you experience the same when immediately re-trying the export on that specific switch model?

If you are concerned it's an issue or annoyance, create a support ticket with Netgear.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements