× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to display VLAN settings using. Web Management

AlxM
Follower

How to display VLAN settings using. Web Management

How can we display the VLAN settings using the Web Management ?

Going I the VLAN setting tab and enabling will destroy the current settings,, as stated in the user guide :

[…], select the Enable radio button and
continue with Step 8.
Otherwise, see Step 9.
A pop-up window opens, informing you that the current VLAN settings will be lost.

Model: GS105Ev2|ProSAFE Plus 5-port Switch
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: How to display VLAN settings using. Web Management

You have to go exactly to the VLAN mode configured before - and find the current active one:

VLAN -> Port Based -> Basic
or

VLAN -> Port Based -> Advanced

or
VLAN -> 802.1Q -> Basic

or
VLAN -> 802.1Q -> Advanced

This is an oddity of the Smart Managed Plus and Smart Managed Pro switch Web UI in fact: It does not tell us which VLAN mode is active. Entering another mode and (x) enable it does (far to easy...) kill a potentially complex VLAN set-up. I've complained several times - for now Netgear seems to prefer (poor) continuity instead of making things right. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: How to display VLAN settings using. Web Management

You have to go exactly to the VLAN mode configured before - and find the current active one:

VLAN -> Port Based -> Basic
or

VLAN -> Port Based -> Advanced

or
VLAN -> 802.1Q -> Basic

or
VLAN -> 802.1Q -> Advanced

This is an oddity of the Smart Managed Plus and Smart Managed Pro switch Web UI in fact: It does not tell us which VLAN mode is active. Entering another mode and (x) enable it does (far to easy...) kill a potentially complex VLAN set-up. I've complained several times - for now Netgear seems to prefer (poor) continuity instead of making things right. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements