× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to prioritise traffic through certain ports? NETGEAR GS728TP

TheComputerChap
Aspirant

How to prioritise traffic through certain ports? NETGEAR GS728TP

Hi,

A few monhts ago I did setup a GS748T to prioritize all traffic from a specific port. I'm now interested on doing the same with a GS728TP and I'm unable to see the same options. I have look at the documentation and I still do not understand how to do it.

I simply want to prioritize the traffic from a few specific ports above the rest.

In the GS748T I can see the following:

Capture 2.JPG

Unfortunatelly, I can't get to see the ports/interfaces in the GS728TP:

Capture 3.JPG

Perhaps, I'm not looking at the right place and I'm aware being a different model I might need to look elsewhere but when going thru the documentation I'm not understandign much in the "Setting QoS Global Configuration" section (https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GS748T_UM_30Oct07.pdf).

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How to prioritise traffic through certain ports? NETGEAR GS728TP

Hi TheComputerChap,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

As per checking, these switches has different firmware and hardware models. I double checked the manual and it seems that the GS728TP only supports global configuration and not per port unlike the GS748TP as each port has its own CoS queue-related configuration.

GS728TP:

GS748T:

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How to prioritise traffic through certain ports? NETGEAR GS728TP

Hi TheComputerChap,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

As per checking, these switches has different firmware and hardware models. I double checked the manual and it seems that the GS728TP only supports global configuration and not per port unlike the GS748TP as each port has its own CoS queue-related configuration.

GS728TP:

GS748T:

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements