× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to save the running configuration in Netgear GS724T

cspell
Tutor

How to save the running configuration in Netgear GS724T

Hello,

I made some changes to this switch and now I want to save the running config to the startup config so I don't lose these changes on reboot. I can't seem to find how to do that on this swtich? If someone can't point me to this I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Model: GS724T|24-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: How to save the running configuration in Netgear GS724T

What Michael shows is the ability to save the configuration, eg. as a backup.

On these Netgear switches, the config changes are applied to the running configuration and saved to the non-volatile storage automatically. This is different from some other major brands where the config is reflected in the running (volatile, memory) config only, and the admin must not forget to save the running config to the flash. Otherwise, all recent config changes would be lost.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

...configuration as per the fine documentation by Web UI or the utility? There is no such thing un-experienced admins always forget about on the Smart Managed Plus and Smart Managed Pro switches.

Message 2 of 6
Coop59
Aspirant

Hello I just thought I would chime in on this, There is a way for you to save the config. I am not sure about your model but mine has it under the maintenance -> Save Configuration.

I have attached a screenshot so you can see.

I hope this helps,

Michael

Model: JGS524Ev2|ProSafe Plus 24 ports gigabits switch
Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

What Michael shows is the ability to save the configuration, eg. as a backup.

On these Netgear switches, the config changes are applied to the running configuration and saved to the non-volatile storage automatically. This is different from some other major brands where the config is reflected in the running (volatile, memory) config only, and the admin must not forget to save the running config to the flash. Otherwise, all recent config changes would be lost.
Message 4 of 6
cspell
Tutor

Ok Thank you. Yes I'm more familiar with Cisco where we run a 'copy run star' from the CLI to save the running config.

I was thinking that it must save somehow automatically as I could not find anywhere in the Web UI to do this.

Message 5 of 6
Coop59
Aspirant

My bad I didn't realize he was wanting to save to running config.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements