× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I am trying to configure the Nighthawk as a access point

hshah96
Aspirant

I am trying to configure the Nighthawk as a access point

Hi

I am trying to configure the nighthawk, EX7000 as an access point but it isn't working. I have my router connected to the GS108PEv3, and this is wired to where the EX7000 is kept. I have connected my laptop to the same connection and I get a connection from it so I know its not the wiring.

When i plug it in then try and set it up it says that there is no internet connection available. 

What should I do.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: I am trying to configure the Nighthawk as a access point

Hello hshah96, 

Welcome to the community! 

First, you need to make sure that a computer can go online when connected to the GS108PEv3. See page 18-20 of the user manual, follow the steps on configuring the extender as an AP. It is better if you perform a factory reset first to make sure that any previous configuration will not affect the new setup. 

Thanks, 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello hshah96, 

Welcome to the community! 

First, you need to make sure that a computer can go online when connected to the GS108PEv3. See page 18-20 of the user manual, follow the steps on configuring the extender as an AP. It is better if you perform a factory reset first to make sure that any previous configuration will not affect the new setup. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi hshah96, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements