× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I am trying to connect my Xbox, TV .. to the switch but it is not working

hshah96
Aspirant

I am trying to connect my Xbox, TV .. to the switch but it is not working

Hi

I am trying to connect my Xbox, TV and WD My Cloud to the internet. I have connected it to the GS108PEv3 switch. When it was connect to the GS116 switch it works but is seems not to be working with this one.

Would you please help  why it is not working.

Thanks

Model: GS108PEv3|ProSAFE Gigabit Plus Switch with PoE
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi hshah96,

Kindly read pages 14-16 of the ProSAFE Gigabit Web Managed Plus Switches user manual here as your guide.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi hshah96,

I believe you will need to set the IP address of the GS108PEv3 switch within the IP range of your existing network.  I would assume that the GS108PEv3 switch is directly connected to a router which is the DHCP server.  Kindly try the steps below:

1. Disconnect the GS108PEv3 from the existing network.  

2. Connect a PC/laptop to a LAN port of the GS108PEv3.

3. Set a static IP address of 192.168.0.210 on the PC/laptop.

4. Open a browser like Google Chrome or Firefox then at the address bar,  type 192.168.0.239 then press Enter. Login to the user interface of switch. Enter "admin" as the username and "password" as the password.

Note: The GS108PEv3 default IP address is 192.168.0.239.

5. The Switch Information page displays. In the DHCP Mode menu, select Disable.

6. Enter a static IP address that is within the IP range of your existing network in the field provided as well as the corresponding subnet mask and default gateway then click Apply.

Note: You will lose access to the web-GUI of the GS108PEv3 because you have just change its IP Address which is normal.

7. Connect a LAN port of the GS108PEv3 to your router.  

8. Set your PC/laptop to "Obtain an IP Address Automatically."  Then connect it to a LAN port of the GS108PEv3 . 

9. Open a browser like Google Chrome.  Then, at the address bar of it, type the static IP Address you have set to the GS108PEv3 then press Enter.  If you are able to access it, then it means that the GS108PEv3 is now a part of your existing network.

Note: You may also perform a connectivity test.  Open command prompt on your PC/laptop then ping the static IP address you have set to the GS108PEv3 (for example: ping 192.168.1.18 then press Enter).  If you receive replies then it means that the GS108PEv3 is reachable within your existing network. 

Let us know the results.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
hshah96
Aspirant

Hi DaneA

Thanks for the help.

I am not sure how to start it off. Would you be able to help me out. Either with a Mac or Windows 10 laptop

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi hshah96,

Kindly read pages 14-16 of the ProSAFE Gigabit Web Managed Plus Switches user manual here as your guide.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
hshah96
Aspirant

Thanks, It worked.

I have a Nighthawk Model: EX7000. I wanted to make it into an access point. 

There is a connection from the GS108PEv3 to the EX7000 but it is not working. I have connect my laptop to the same connection and I get a connection from it so T am not sure.

Thanks a lot DaneA

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@hshah96,

You're welcome! 🙂  I'm glad to know that its now working.

With regard to the EX7000, you may post your concerns on the WiFi Range Extenders & Repeaters Board here.  I'm sure the community will be able to help you in setting it up.

Since the GS108PEv3 switch is now working,  I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Happy Holidays! 🙂 

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements