× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have a GS728TXP-100NES smart switch that won't boot up. The power light just stays on yellow. i

wally7100
Aspirant

I have a GS728TXP-100NES smart switch that won't boot up. The power light just stays on yellow. i

I have a GS728TXP-100NES smart switch that won't boot up. The power light just stays on yellow. i would like to send it back for repair but i can't open a case because it isn't listed on my  equipment list even though it has been registered,  Can anyone help me open a case on this product.

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
wally7100
Aspirant

Re: I have a GS728TXP-100NES smart switch that won't boot up. The power light just stays on yello...

"Accepted Solution"..

I recieved the replacement GS728TXP switch today and it boots up and seems to be working fine. I haven't installed it into the system yet, adn probably won't until next week but I can communicate with it on the test bench and everyting looks normal.  I own two other switches from this family of switches and can't say enough good things about them.  It is an excellent product series. 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: I have a GS728TXP-100NES smart switch that won't boot up. The power light just stays on yello...

Hi wally7100,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Are you the original owner of the GS728TXP switch?  If not, then it is possible that the GS728TXP switch is registered to someone else since it does not appear on the list of your equipment when you log in to your MyNETGEAR account.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@wally7100,

I just want to follow-up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 10
wally7100
Aspirant

Sorry guys, it was operator error on my part.  I have one accout that is for personal use and the other is for a  company that I do work

for and I just logged in under wrong account and of course I couldn't see the GS728TXP switch on my list of equipment because it wasn't registered under 

that email address.  

The switch still won't boot up but i know how to deal with it now.  sorry for the delay in updating this but a situation came up that required all of my time for about a week.  Thanks for your followup and concern 

Message 4 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@wally7100,

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm glad to know that you were able to figure it out.  🙂 

Since you mentioned: "the switch still won't boot up but i know how to deal with it now," does that mean that you were able to open an online case with NETGEAR Support?  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 10
wally7100
Aspirant

no I haven't opened a case yet.  I am just getting back to this device after about a week off the grid and need to figure out what to do with this thing. I am not sure how to open a case because i have never had a netgear device fail before.  I am going to go back to support and try to figure this thing out. any suggestions would be helpful.   

Message 6 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@wally7100,

Since you mentioned "the switch still won't boot up..." it seems that the switch is faulty.  I suggest that you to login to the respective MyNETGEAR account (whom the  GS728TXP is registered to) then open an online case with NETGEAR Support.  Kindly state your concern about the current status of the GS728TXP switch.  Attach a .pdf or .doc copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of the GS728TXP switch to the online case for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will follow.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 10
wally7100
Aspirant

Ok, I did all of that andNetgear is going to swap out my unit with a working device. Thanks for your assistance because i find
the help section of the Netgear website a little confusing. I have never had to use the help section before because i have never
had a netgear product fail before and i have been buying and using Netgear products for over 20 years. Other than a router that
got blasted by lightning about 10 years ago I've never had a failure.

Message 8 of 10
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@wally7100,

Thanks for the update and you're welcome.  I'm glad to know that a replacement switch was processed for you by NETGEAR Support. 🙂 

Since you will be receiving your replacement switch soon, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 9 of 10
wally7100
Aspirant

"Accepted Solution"..

I recieved the replacement GS728TXP switch today and it boots up and seems to be working fine. I haven't installed it into the system yet, adn probably won't until next week but I can communicate with it on the test bench and everyting looks normal.  I own two other switches from this family of switches and can't say enough good things about them.  It is an excellent product series. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements