× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

IP Alias?

hacesoft
Tutor

IP Alias?

Have a nice day,

i have a question about mirroring web switch configuration: Switch has static address set for login to administration: 192.168.40.1 In switch I have 4x VLAN.

If I have the VLAN address in my browser, I will see the administration of the switch.

Is it normal behavior?

Will he somehow arrange for the ACL to see that mirroring on VLANs ?.

Thank you for any information that will help me solve my problem.

Model: GS724Tv4|ProSafe 24 ports Gigabit Smart switch
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
kevin_hong
Apprentice

Re: IP Alias?

Hi hacesoft,

I'm sorry for not being clear about access control.

In the access control you can just only set permit ip address on Gui, then only perimt ip address can access switchs,

For example:

permit 192.168.20.20  ---- then no other addresses are accessible except this one

the access control was deny any by default. it seems like acl deny any by default.

Please try it.

thank you

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
kevin_hong
Apprentice

Hi hacesoft,

Welcome to community,

Yes, the behavior was normal, you can set access contraol on switch , then only the specifled ip address can access the switch.

https://kb.netgear.com/24715/How-do-I-configure-management-access-control-on-a-smart-switch 

PS: you can learn what is access control first

https://kb.netgear.com/24712/What-is-management-access-control-on-a-smart-switch 

Message 2 of 6
hacesoft
Tutor

Good evening,

thank you for answer.

I tried it according to the instructions. I probably set everything up well and yet it doesn't work. The switch is accessible as before. I want it to be accessible from VLAN20, even from the specific address of 192.168.20.20, and from VLAN40 from 168.168.40.20.

On the enclosed image I am sending as I did not configure the switch. 

Message 3 of 6
kevin_hong
Apprentice

Hi hacesoft,

I'm sorry for not being clear about access control.

In the access control you can just only set permit ip address on Gui, then only perimt ip address can access switchs,

For example:

permit 192.168.20.20  ---- then no other addresses are accessible except this one

the access control was deny any by default. it seems like acl deny any by default.

Please try it.

thank you

Message 4 of 6
hacesoft
Tutor

Good evening,

I tried it according to your recommendation, set only the IP address of the PC that the switch will set up and it also does not work.

Everyone has access to the switch. I restarted the switch even after setup, what if it would help, but no result.

Perhaps it is a question directly to someone from NETGEAR, why it does not work.

Message 5 of 6
hacesoft
Tutor

Good evening,

it works already, I forgot to turn on the function after setup, the child interrupted me at home.

So I didn't finish the whole thing. But I thought I was done.

It works exactly according to your recommendation.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements