× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Insight App doesn't find my GC110

TheBee
Aspirant

Insight App doesn't find my GC110

I am trying to attach one of the new GC110 trough Insight app to my account and the app doesnt discover the device. As it is described in the manual I am using the switch and 2 AP's - WAC510 and  WAC720 cloud manages connected to it. The Insight App discovers Both WAC devices but not the switch. 

I am using Samsung Galaxy S7 with Androin 7and Insight App v2.12.

May be the problem is that the device is new ... it even doesn't appear in Model (Recommended ...) field...

Why there is no option to scan a QR code for switches?

As you can see I can acces the switch through a web browser and IP address. It is set by default to be Insight App manageble.

GC110 web.JPG

Please let me know what to do.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
bradleyv
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Insight App doesn't find my GC110

JohnCarloV & Angel Georev,

I'm assuming your received your switch as part of a "pre-release" preview or beta testing as this product is not yet launch/released to the market. When it does (9/19/17), we will also publicly release a new version of the Insight app specifically designed to work with these new Insight Managed Smart Cloud switches.

Please contact the provider of the GC110 that you have obtained for details on how to download the beta release of the Insight app 3.0 for Insight Managed Smart Cloud switches.

In the interim, you can "discover" your switch using uPnP (PC) or Bonjour (Mac) to access the local web browser based GUI from the IP address of the switch. If you have a Mac and aren't sure how to do this, you can reference this KB article:

https://kb.netgear.com/000037255/How-do-I-set-up-my-GS808E-Nighthawk-S8000-Gaming-and-Streaming-Swit...

Even though it specifically talks about the GS808E Nighthawk S8000 switch, the same basic principles apply to the GC110 for Bonjour discovery.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi TheBee,

Welcome to our community!

We still need to wait for the official product launching of this device. The GC110 is still not included with the recent version of the Insight app v.2.12 and hopefully, it will be included on version 3.x. 

My apologies on that.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
TheBee
Aspirant

Dear JohnCarloV,

The SmartControlCenter software doesn't recognize this model too. I have set it as "PC Web-browser" managed. Is this the same problem as with Insight App and we have to wait for update of database? 

Best regards

Angel Georev

Message 3 of 4
bradleyv
NETGEAR Expert

JohnCarloV & Angel Georev,

I'm assuming your received your switch as part of a "pre-release" preview or beta testing as this product is not yet launch/released to the market. When it does (9/19/17), we will also publicly release a new version of the Insight app specifically designed to work with these new Insight Managed Smart Cloud switches.

Please contact the provider of the GC110 that you have obtained for details on how to download the beta release of the Insight app 3.0 for Insight Managed Smart Cloud switches.

In the interim, you can "discover" your switch using uPnP (PC) or Bonjour (Mac) to access the local web browser based GUI from the IP address of the switch. If you have a Mac and aren't sure how to do this, you can reference this KB article:

https://kb.netgear.com/000037255/How-do-I-set-up-my-GS808E-Nighthawk-S8000-Gaming-and-Streaming-Swit...

Even though it specifically talks about the GS808E Nighthawk S8000 switch, the same basic principles apply to the GC110 for Bonjour discovery.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements