× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Inter-vlan routing not working on M5300-28GF3 (GSM7328FSv2) - ProSAFE -switch

muj_net
Aspirant

Inter-vlan routing not working on M5300-28GF3 (GSM7328FSv2) - ProSAFE -switch

Hi,

I am new to this community. My company has implemented Netgear switches in a University. The core switch is M5300 and access switches are GS 728 TP -100EUS. The core is connecting to 4 buildings (star topology) and 2 buildings within these 4 buildings are conected further to 2 more buildings in a daisy chain topology. All the SVI are created in the core switch, 6 vlans for 6 buildings and also dhcp is configures. I have two issues: Bld-121,122,123,124 can get the ip-address from the core dhcp but inter-vlan routing is not working.

I have configure the core ports as T except the UTP ports and all the T ports have PVID 1. Routing mode is enable.

All the ports in the BLDs and configured as U for there respective Vlans excpet the uplinks (T).

NW-Block drawing.png

1) Host in different vlans cannot ping each other 

2) Core can connect all the buildings in star connections but cannot connect the extended building.The diagram above can clarify my issue:BLD-126 can ping BLD-124 but cannot acces the core.

Need your help and suggestions to resolve this issue.

Thank you

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Inter-vlan routing not working on M5300-28GF3 (GSM7328FSv2) - ProSAFE -switch

Hi muj_net,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Below is the answer for your two questions:

First, confirm the Host has right Gateway and this gateway point to the Core Switch(M5300). If not correct, please check DHCP Server configuration.

Second, confirm Core Switch(M5300) enable global routing. If not, please execute command 'ip routing' in config mode.

2) Core can connect all the buildings in star connections but cannot connect the extended building.The diagram above can clarify my issue:BLD-126 can ping BLD-124 but cannot acces the core.

Do you mean BLD-125&126 Host cannot get IP address from DHCP Server? If so please check config as below:

[for example: BLD-126 in VLAN126]:

BLD-126 Switch uplink port(connect to BLD-124) should tagged VLAN126

BLD-124 Switch downlink port(connect to BLD-126) and uplink port(connect to Core Switch) should tagged VLAN126

Core Switch downlink port(connect to BLD124) should tagged VLAN126

Then reload BLD-126 Switch and check if it can get IP address from DHCP Server.

Hope it can helps!

Regards,

EricZ

NETGEAR employee

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Inter-vlan routing not working on M5300-28GF3 (GSM7328FSv2) - ProSAFE -switch

Hi muj_net,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

Below is the answer for your two questions:

First, confirm the Host has right Gateway and this gateway point to the Core Switch(M5300). If not correct, please check DHCP Server configuration.

Second, confirm Core Switch(M5300) enable global routing. If not, please execute command 'ip routing' in config mode.

Do you mean BLD-125&126 Host cannot get IP address from DHCP Server? If so please check config as below:

[for example: BLD-126 in VLAN126]:

BLD-126 Switch uplink port(connect to BLD-124) should tagged VLAN126

BLD-124 Switch downlink port(connect to BLD-126) and uplink port(connect to Core Switch) should tagged VLAN126

Core Switch downlink port(connect to BLD124) should tagged VLAN126

Then reload BLD-126 Switch and check if it can get IP address from DHCP Server.

Hope it can helps!

Regards,

EricZ

NETGEAR employee

Message 2 of 3
muj_net
Aspirant

Thanks a lot EricZ.  I have upgraded the firmware. The problem 2 hostin different vlans canoot ping but connect each other,I have tried remote desktop connection and it works.May be issue with my Windows firewall.

And my second issue is also solved. Actually vlan 126 in Bld 124 was not created at all , Now I have created the Vlan 126 in Bld 124 and tagged it.

Thank you very much.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements