× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

JGS524E et firwmare upgrade with ProSafe Plus Utility

jcharles
Initiate

JGS524E et firwmare upgrade with ProSafe Plus Utility

Hello,

I would like to updgrade the switch firwmare from 1.00.09 to 1.00.21  with ProSafe Plus Utility (version 2.7.7) but when I click on the radio button, nothing is happening.

Do you have an idea what is wrong ?

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
jcharles
Initiate

Re: JGS524E et firwmare upgrade with ProSafe Plus Utility

I find the solution.

In the ZIP containing the firmware and a release notes, it is mentionned that you must click on the radio button next to the switch and nothing is happening if you do that.

1. Download the new firmware to a convenient place on your local system and extract the ZIP file (e.g., C:\downloads\).
  2. Start ProSafe Plus Configuration Utility, (included on the CD coming with your Smart Switch). If it is not installed, do so now, before continuing.
  3. The ProSafe Plus Utility will scan and detect ProSafe Plus switches on your network. Select the switch to upgrade by clicking on the radio button next to the switch. Enter the adminstrator password of the switch when prompted. 
  4. Select Maintenance under the System tab. Click on Firmware Upgrade and Browse to the location when the firmware image is saved.
  5. Click Apply to start firmware upgrade.

In order to upgrade the swith (or manage it) you have to click on the action button named 'Apply' ou 'Appliquer', enter the password and you will access to the interface.

Click on 'Maintenance' and 'Upgrade firmware', select the firmware file and click on 'Apply'.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
jcharles
Initiate

Re: JGS524E et firwmare upgrade with ProSafe Plus Utility

I find the solution.

In the ZIP containing the firmware and a release notes, it is mentionned that you must click on the radio button next to the switch and nothing is happening if you do that.

1. Download the new firmware to a convenient place on your local system and extract the ZIP file (e.g., C:\downloads\).
  2. Start ProSafe Plus Configuration Utility, (included on the CD coming with your Smart Switch). If it is not installed, do so now, before continuing.
  3. The ProSafe Plus Utility will scan and detect ProSafe Plus switches on your network. Select the switch to upgrade by clicking on the radio button next to the switch. Enter the adminstrator password of the switch when prompted. 
  4. Select Maintenance under the System tab. Click on Firmware Upgrade and Browse to the location when the firmware image is saved.
  5. Click Apply to start firmware upgrade.

In order to upgrade the swith (or manage it) you have to click on the action button named 'Apply' ou 'Appliquer', enter the password and you will access to the interface.

Click on 'Maintenance' and 'Upgrade firmware', select the firmware file and click on 'Apply'.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements