× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

JGS524Ev2 Smart Managed Plus Switch - all led lights are solid and switch won't boot

johnps
Follower

JGS524Ev2 Smart Managed Plus Switch - all led lights are solid and switch won't boot

Back in Feb. of this year, I purchased two NETGEAR JGS524 24-Port Gigabit Rackmount Smart Managed Plus Switches.  They have worked fine until yesterday when one of them froze up and stopped working.  All the LED lights are solid and not blinking.  I've unplugged it and plugged it back in.  I've also performed a factory reset but the switch appears to be dead.  Any help would be appreciated?  Thanks!  (JGS524E V2     2.0.1.26)

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: JGS524Ev2 Smart Managed Plus Switch - all led lights are solid and switch won't boot

Hi johnps,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Since you already did a factory reset and still the switch won't boot up normally, the switch turns out to be faulty and needs to be replaced.  I suggest you to open a chat / online case with NETGEAR Support and state what happen to your JGS524Ev2 switch.  Attach a .pdf or .doc copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of your JGS524Ev2 switch to the chat / online case you have opened for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will follow.,

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: JGS524Ev2 Smart Managed Plus Switch - all led lights are solid and switch won't boot

Hi johnps,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Since you already did a factory reset and still the switch won't boot up normally, the switch turns out to be faulty and needs to be replaced.  I suggest you to open a chat / online case with NETGEAR Support and state what happen to your JGS524Ev2 switch.  Attach a .pdf or .doc copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of your JGS524Ev2 switch to the chat / online case you have opened for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will follow.,

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements