× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

JGS524PE - ProSAFE Plus 24 ports switch with PoE

klundy
Aspirant

JGS524PE - ProSAFE Plus 24 ports switch with PoE

I just installed the JGS524PE with PoE.  I plugged in two Nanostations M5 and neither one of them will power up on a PoE port.  Is there a way to see the status of the PoE ports?  I find no mention of PoE in the web browser or configuration utility software.  I don’t even see PoE configuration mentioned in the user manual.

Thanks,

Kevin

Model: JGS524PE|ProSAFE Plus 24-port Switch with PoE
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: JGS524PE - ProSAFE Plus 24 ports switch with PoE

HI Klundy!

Welcome to our Community!

Seems that the Nanostations M5 use Passive PoE instead of 802.3at or 802.3af PoE standards. In this case you can buy a converter from PoE to Passive PoE to be able to use the Nanostation M5 with standard PoE.

Another risk with passive PoE is that  don't provide any sensing technology so you can't plug a non-PoE device on it or you will damage it .

Hope it helps

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

HI Klundy!

Welcome to our Community!

Seems that the Nanostations M5 use Passive PoE instead of 802.3at or 802.3af PoE standards. In this case you can buy a converter from PoE to Passive PoE to be able to use the Nanostation M5 with standard PoE.

Another risk with passive PoE is that  don't provide any sensing technology so you can't plug a non-PoE device on it or you will damage it .

Hope it helps

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

Message 2 of 3
klundy
Aspirant

Thank you!  Yes, this explanes why they don't power up.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements