× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: JGS525PE All Amber LED on

Ihaitspolling
Aspirant

JGS525PE All Amber LED on

Sturggling with a switch, we had a power outage and the switch cam back on with all amber LEDS on and no access to the web interface.

I have tried using the factory defaults button (held for eternity) to no avail.

I am hoping its not just dead and you know a secret way to brng it back to life. Firmware was running 1.27

Model: JGS524PE|ProSAFE Plus 24-port Switch with PoE
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Ihaitspolling,

Since its still the same problem, it seems that the switch hardware became faulty.   I encourage you to open an online case with NETGEAR Support at anytime.  State what happened to your JGS524PE switch and the troubleshooting steps you did to isolate the problem.  Kindly attach the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of the JGS524PE switch on the online case for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid, then an online replacement will follow. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Ihaitspolling,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly try the steps below:

1. Disconnect the JGS524PE switch from your existing network and make sure its turned on.  Get a straightened paper clip.

2. Insert the paper clip to the factory defaults hole then press and hold the factory reset button inside it for 30 seconds.

3. After 30 seconds, turn off the JGS524PE switch while you still continue to press and hold the factory reset button.  Wait for 5 seconds.

4. After 5 seconds, turn on the JGS524PE switch while you still continue to press and hold the factory reset button.  Wait for another 5 seconds.

5. After 5 seconds, release the paper clip from the factory reset button.  Observe if the JGS524PE switch to boot up properly.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Ihaitspolling
Aspirant

I performed the tasks. No change.

I found another forum say similar tasks (longer time to wait) and that did nothing as well. Im not very optimistic.

When i switch it on the green lights flash once it that helps but the amber lights are always on

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Ihaitspolling,

Since its still the same problem, it seems that the switch hardware became faulty.   I encourage you to open an online case with NETGEAR Support at anytime.  State what happened to your JGS524PE switch and the troubleshooting steps you did to isolate the problem.  Kindly attach the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of the JGS524PE switch on the online case for warranty verification.  If ever the hardware warranty is still valid, then an online replacement will follow. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Ihaitspolling,

I believe that an online replacement has been processed for you.  Hope that the replacement JGS524PE you will receive will be working fine.  🙂 

Since the faulty JGS524PE switch will now be replaced , I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements